Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weekend Commuter Chronicles 002: Halleluiah!!!

It didn’t rain for last weekends commute to Manila but surprisingly, the crooked policy of the crooked V changed! I don’t know if it’s official and I’m not sure if it’s back to normal for good but they started leaving the air conditioning or maybe just the blower on while on stopover in Pampanga. I didn’t bother to talk to the conductor because they might realize they just forgot to turn off the air conditioning on my trip to Manila. But on my return trip, they really left the air conditioning on or again… maybe just the blower.

It’s a welcome development even if it’s just the blower as the weather last weekend was the usual hot humid tropical Philippines. With the price of diesel going down plus the expected 5 pesos rollback in September (if the worldwide price continues to drop), I expect the crooked V to permanently revert to its original operating procedures. And maybe, even a rollback on the ride fee!

It’s weekend again, should I still wish for the rain to come?

No comments: